As part of the online GMDS conference 2021, the GMDS working group “Biomedizinische Informatik” will conduct a workshop with the title “Data Science Approaches in Biomedical Informatics”. The talks will be made available approximately two weeks before the event and should be viewed in advance as preparation for the discussions during the workshop.
- Introduction and discussions
- Prof. Dr. Ulrich Sax, University Medical Center Göttingen, Department of Medical Informatics
- Prof. Dr. Tim Beißbarth, University Medical Center Göttingen, Institute of Medical Bioinformatics
- Prof. Dr. Dominik Heider, University of Marburg, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Prof. Dr. Søren Brunak, University of Copenhagen, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research
- Prof. Dr. Holger Fröhlich, University of Bonn, Biomedical Data Science / Fraunhofer SCAI
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Textor, Radboud University Medical Centre, Tumor Immunology Lab
Increasing amounts of high-throughput data sets are collected during the examination of patients, in particular imaging data and data from genome-wide screening techniques like next-generation sequencing (NGS) or proteomics. The analysis of these complex data sets identifies new challenges for biomedical informatics, medical bioinformatics, biostatistics, and systems medicine. Within this workshop, data science approaches and tools will be presented and discussed, which are adopted and used in biomedical informatics.
This workshop will be organized by the GMDS working group “Biomedical Informatics”. The talks will be made available approximately two weeks before the event and should be viewed in advance as preparation for the discussions during the workshop.
- 01.10.2021, 10-12 Uhr
- Registration required (links and password will be provided afterwards)
- Webconference via Zoom
Ansprechpartner: Benjamin Löhnhardt (Benjamin.Loehnhardt@med.uni-goettingen.de)